1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Paradigm X! This is a community portal where fans can discuss Persona, MegaTen and other Atlus games.
    Join our growing community!

"Project Re Fantasy" - New fantasy RPG by ATLUS

Discussion in 'Other Atlus Discussion' started by Lulcy, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lulcy

Lulcy Level 6 The Fool

Infromation provided by Gematsu.

The new game, currently titled Project Re Fantasy, is currently without an announced platform, release date, or price. It is a completely new RPG set in a fantasy world, rather than a modern world as recent Atlus games like Shin Megami Tensei and Persona have been set.

Project Re Fantasy is in development at Studio Zero, a new studio established by Atlus that features talents such as Persona series producer and director Katsura Hasino, artist Shigenori Soejima, and composer Shoji Meguro.

Atlus will host a live stream on December 23 at 20:00 JST, after which (at 22:00 JST) it will begin large-scale recruiting for the new RPG project.

Tidbits:

Navarre's Stump and ReverseStar like this.
  2. ReverseStar

ReverseStar Level 6 The Star

I can't really say for sure anything about this until there's new info, but so far it's interesting. I like the character protrait, and I sure hope she keeps that nice, decent armor in the final product.
    I was never a huge fan of fantasy settings, but after playing Fire Emblem I'm more open minded to them now as long as it's not highly generic.

3. Navarre's Stump

Navarre's Stump Level 3 The Hermit

It's kind of strange they've taken 'triumvurate' of P Studio for Studio 0 (whether they'll be working two studios or setting up replacement understudies for Persona or Project Re Fantasy like with P3 in 2006), but I'm pretty excited none the less, curious as to whether it'll be a Megami Tensei or a whole new verse entirely.
    Also please please please let the character shown be reflective of designs overall, chainmail bikini's are so very out of fashion

4. ReverseStar

I think it looks like it won't be related to Megaten for the most part, but it's still too early to tell. This might be happening because Persona 6 has been in development for a really long time, so the creative team might want to do something else entirely to take a break from it, at least when it comes to making a mainline game (since P5 spinoffs and all but guaranteed.) Nevertheless I hope it's a good game.

5. Lulcy

Lulcy Level 6 The Fool

First Trailer.

6. ReverseStar

Well, I'm going to assume the narrator is basically saying the info we know unless someone translates and says it's new stuff. Otherwise not much to say yet. The music was nice, though.

7. Navarre's Stump

Navarre's Stump Level 3 The Hermit

Yea, I guess they're not much beyond the basic conceptionalization stage by the scarcity of info from the stream. Nice to see Meguro back to working with the 'classical' arrangement though, I'm a fan of Strange Journey's OST

ReverseStar likes this.