1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Paradigm X! This is a community portal where fans can discuss Persona, MegaTen and other Atlus games.
    Join our growing community!

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Official Thread

Discussion in 'MegaTen Discussion' started by Robin Vandel, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Robin Vandel

Robin Vandel Level 2

On 2 december SMTIV: Apocalypse will finally be released in Europe.

I'm really looking forward to this game!

SMTIV was the last game on the 3DS I truly enjoyed, so I'm pretty hyped for this.

2. Navarre's Stump

Navarre's Stump Level 3 The Hermit

Actually with regards to the european release, anyone know which stores are selling it physically? I'm in Ireland where Gamestop don't have it listed, and on Amazon.co.uk the page has an ominous "Item can be shipped to UK - Mainland". It's not the end of the world if I have to go digital (again), just wondering how others in europe are finding getting it

3. Robin Vandel

Robin Vandel Level 2

All major gameshops in the Netherlands are selling it.

Maybe you can go to a physical shop to pre-order a copy ?

I couldn't find Persona 5 Take Your Heart online, but in a shop I was able to order it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  4. Navarre's Stump

I have been, a good few of my friends work at the local gameshop, think Ive checked a dozen times by now :/. Admittedly though all we have here is Gamestop who arn't super on top with regards to non-AAA releases (my friend had to find out P5 was delayed to April through me because their systems haven't been updated), so it could well just turn up without warning, was simply curious if this was a Europe thing or just a consequence of me living in a backwater.

Regardless Ill be getting it asap physical or not. It's what Ive been looking forward to most this year with the exception of P5. Hype!!

5. Robin Vandel

Robin Vandel Level 2

Finally got to play the game. I'm really loving it.

6. Navarre's Stump

Likewise, never realised how much I missed post-Apocalyptic Tokyo. Also really enjoying the tone of the party, much as I loved IV's Samurai band, Asahi, Pompaghost Navarre and Nozomi (Im not too far in) are legitimately fun to be around

7. Navarre's Stump

Just finished my first Peace playthrough and gotta say that was a fine game. Really strong blend of the classic megaten with lessons learnt from P Studio's success with regards to characterisation and interpersonal relationship dynamics. Really hope Atlus keep the core team of Yamai, Doi and Kozuka in the same manner as Hashino, Soejima and Meguro, so as to make a whole new digital devil story (like DDS, Survivor or Summoner) because i do believe its a strong team

8. Computer

Computer Level 4

Just popping back in to say that Navarre has my favorite bit of character growth. I know he's grating at first but I think there's a lot going on. I actually liked him quite a bit by the end of the game.