1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Paradigm X! This is a community portal where fans can discuss Persona, MegaTen and other Atlus games.
    Join our growing community!

{Spoilers} Social Link 9 Makoto Niijima Did I screw up?

Discussion in 'Persona Discussion' started by JoeDowntown, Apr 18, 2017.

1. JoeDowntown

JoeDowntown Level 3 The Priestess

Not sure if this is the right spot for this...

To initiate step 9 you need to do the following.
    • This is the point when a romance with Makoto Niijima becomes available.
    • In order to start this rank, you'll need information on the host, Tsukasa. Get this by going to Shinjuku - there's a man outside the bookstore. Talk to him twice. [/SPOILER}
    There is no guy outside the bookstore. I'm in around the 3rd week of September. Did I miss something? I cant find anything anywhere.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Crocodog

Crocodog Level 2 The Priestess

Hey, if I remember correctly, you just have to wait for Makoto to be available for a date again. Keep checking the maps and at some point, she will be available at the School Gate again. It's indicated with that "UP!" symbol next to her name if you can advance her rank. Once the "date" starts, you will both start looking for a guy in Shibuya who has some information. Both Makoto and you will ask "suspicious people" that are standing around (indicated by that special speech bubble), and in the front of the bookstore, you'll find a fella who will tell you that he knows about Tsukasa and the "wine bottle trick", he's used it on other girls before, etc.! After you've spoken to him, the both of you are then confronting Makoto's friend about it. Don't want to spoil anything beyond this. But you can't find him on a regular date. Finding him in front of the bookstore is part of the "date" itself. Hope that helps! :)

Turaka Rampage likes this.
  3. Alex

Alex Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, the rank starts as normal, and the hunting for Tsukasa is part of the Confidant event itself.