13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will be releasing for the PlayStation 4 in Japan, on November 28, 2019.
The game bears the “Atlus x Vanillaware” label with the initiative to create unique fantasy world such as with Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, this time with a science fiction, juvenile theme with thirteen boys and girls in a contemporary world. The story will depict a drama depicting the past and the future, where they pilot robots called “sentinels” to desperately fight against their inevitable fate.
The game is composed of three components: “Battle,” “Adventure,” and “Archives.”
The adventure part consists of solving the story’s mystery by using keywords collected in conversations.
The battle part will consist of strategy combat where players will fight huge monsters with the sentinels (robots).
The archives will consist of a section to replay events and interactible elements found throughout the game.
The purchase bonus for day one buyers will be the “Digital Art Works,” which will include illustrations, setting images, and character art for the 13 main characters.
The official website for 13 Sentinels has been updated with new screenshots and details.
Additional information on the game will be released through the live stream taking place in a few hours as of this writing. 13 Sentinels will also be featured in next week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine #1599.
“Premium Box” Limited Edition
The limited edition release of the game will cost 14,980 yen and include the following:
- The game 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- A premium box featuring a Vanillaware design.
- A 132-page “Secret File” s (B2 size) that features various artwork such as 1980s style magazine articles for the various characters, and unreleased artwork.
- 13 Sentinels papercraft model kit. A collaboration with a papercraft model maker embodying a three-dimensional model of the second generation type 13th sentinel.
- DLC Original Theme and Avatar Set. The theme will have the motif of the premium box design, and the avatar set will consist of 15 ones: each protagonist, BJ, and Shippo.
13 Sentinels Standard Box Art
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim was announced for English localization in June 2017. No Western release date has been announced as of yet.