Following this news, the “13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Live Broadcast SP” took place, which showed off live gameplay for the game. Part of this was a segment featuring an extended look at the strategy battle element of the game for the first time.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is composed of three gameplay components: “Battle,” “Adventure,” and “Archives.”
- The adventure part consists of solving the story’s mystery by using keywords collected in conversations.
- The battle part consists of strategy combat where players will fight huge monsters using the sentinels (robots).
- The archives will consist of a section to replay events discovered throughout the game.
The archive of the entire 4-hour live stream can be found below, with the following notable time stamps:
- 2:47:30: Adventure gameplay featuring Minami Natsuno.
- 3:11:40: Adventure gameplay featuring Hijiyama Takatoshi.
- 3:38:14: Strategy battle gameplay.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will be released for the PlayStation 4 in Japan on November 28, 2019. The game was announced for English localization in June 2017. No Western release date has been announced as of yet.