Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Are there are any memorable illustrations from your work in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax?
Soejima: We’ve discussed the package art in the Art Unit’s interview, but Oribe-san was exuberant in drawing the Shadow versions as well. If I had drawn this, it would have been more wet and exaggerated, not posing as if they’ve achieved something. Yukari’s and Chie’s faces are very well-drawn here; Oribe-san didn’t hold back with the girls. If I’d drawn them, I would have shown more restraint and made them a little prettier.
It doesn’t seem like Oribe-san showed restraint with the men, either. (laughs)
Soejima: Oh, she draws them very well, too. (laughs) They’ve gone mad, but they look good doing it. For the women, she was concerned that she was going too far with their faces, but instead, there’s this sharp impact.
- Page 1: Introduction & Catherine
- Page 2: Persona 3 Portable
- Page 3: Persona 4 & Persona 4 Golden
- Page 4: Persona 4 Arena
- Page 5: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
- Page 7: Persona 4: Dancing All Night
- Page 8: Persona 5
- Page 9: Project Re Fantasy & Other
- Page 10: The Artbook Cover
- Page 11: Seeing the World as Flat
- Page 12: Proceeding with the Art Unit
- Page 13: Shigenori Soejima’s Frustrations
- Page 14: A Character Designer’s Happiness
- Page 15: A Way to Put Our Work in the Spotlight