During the latest Studio Zero live stream, Atlus released the first preview trailer for the upcoming remake, Catherine: Full Body.
A Japanese release window of Winter 2018 has been revealed. And the previous teaser website for “Full Body” has been fully launched.
The trailer shows off additions to the original game, including the new character Rin, new animated scenes, and the game’s new mechanic where multiple blocks can be linked together and moved, as well as others.
A list of announced additions from a previous post:
- New endings, new story episodes, animated scenes and “sexy events” have been added to the game. There is also more than one new ending.
- In addition to the original version of the game, the team at Atlus have prepared a wide range of difficulty levels and other adjustments for those who want to enjoy the story in a more convenient way.
- There is a new mechanic where the player moves blocks where multiple are linked. Part of the new mechanic allows the player to link and move multiple blocks at once which presents new challenges, such as how to move not only cube-shaped blocks, but also blocks that have been linked together.
- A network/online battle feature has been added. Atlus noticed the surprising popularity of the competitive Catherine scene overseas, and decided to add the ability to challenge others.
- There is cross-save support planned between PS4 and PS Vita.
Catherine: Full Body is currently in development for the PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita, with a Winter 2018 release window in Japan.