IGN has posted a preview for the English release of Catherine: Full Body, alongside footage of the English build of the game.
10 Minutes of Catherine: Full Body Gameplay
Catherine: Full Body Tower Climb Puzzle Gameplay
IGN’s full preview, including a summary of changes and new features in the game, can be read here.
- More than 500 unique puzzles to solve – more than twice the amount in the original.
- A new “Remix” mode for every puzzle.
- Some puzzles have been tweaked.
- 20+ brand-new, animated cutscenes that delve into character backstories, and new scenes that introduce the new character, Rin.
- Rin also appears in the nightmare puzzle world and interacts with Vincent and the sheep there, and can halt threats while Vincent climbs.
- All English voice actors, including Troy Baker (Vincent), have reprised their roles for new lines.
- New music is selectable in the Stray Sheep bar’s jukebox, including tunes from Persona 4 and the mysterious Project Re: Fantasy, which Atlus hasn’t talked about since its vague announcement.
- It’s been ported into the Persona 5 engine, so Catherine: Full Body is especially pretty to look at. (We’re still waiting for more technical details about this!)
- There are new online features, like a versus mode and “souls” that will appear in stages where other players have died.
- Five new endings are included: Three for Rin and one new each for Katherine and Catherine.
- Certain characters are properly named in the credits. (You’ll understand this if you were tuned into the controversy surrounding previous editions of Catherine.) Some lines may have been changed about this character as well.
Catherine: Full Body was released on the PS4 and PS Vita in Japan on February 14, 2019. It will be released for the PS4 on April 25, 2019 in Asia and Korea, and September 3, 2019 in the West.