This week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine #1554 will feature Catherine: Full Body, and following a preview for it, preliminary details from the feature have been leaked.
The feature includes an interview with creative producer Katsura Hashino and director Kenichi Goto.
- In addition to the standard edition of the game at 7,980 yen (excluding tax), there will be a limited edition called the “Dynamite Full Body Box.” It will cost 13,980 yen (excluding tax), and include:
- A Soejima illustrated slip box art
- A 4-disc CD soundtrack
- An art book
- A special DLC set
- A new arrange mode which revisits the game with a new system has been added.
- The total number of stages is more than double the previous work, totalling over 500.
- Puzzles can be skipped for people who just want to enjoy the story.
- The puzzle sections have more variety than in the original game, and there are four difficulty levels.
- Due to the popularity of the multiplayer, the developers have tried to evolve the game as a competitive title.
- More than 20 animated cutscenes have been added.
- Catherine’s voice can now be changed. In addition to her original voice actor Miyuki Sawashiro, Mamiko Noto (Fuuka Yamagishi in Persona 3) has been added.
- Including Sawashiro and Noto, there will be 11 selectable voice actors (9 of them being DLC), each with their own distinction and having played an adulterous partner in the past. Noto’s voice is called the “Yandere Lady,” and two others confirmed are the “Earnest Maiden” and the “Yearning Older Sister” voices.
- The story adds new scenes that observe Vincent’s past.
- There is an option to display the choices you have made through the online functionality.
- Hashino states that Catherine: Full Body is a complete version of the concept from the previous game, which can be delivered because the sense of values has been diversified since 7 years ago. The existence of Rin, the new character, is someone who makes it possible for others to find new values represented in this game.
- After this, Hashino wants to focus more on the development of Project Re Fantasy. Studio Zero is working on being able to give a follow-up report on that game.
- Chief Producer: Katsura Hashino
- Character & Art Designer: Shigenori Soejima
- Sound Composer: Shoji Meguro
- Director: Kenichi Goto
- Music Arrangement: IZENE
- Animation Studio: Studio 4°C
Weekly Famitsu magazine #1554 will be released on September 13, 2018
Catherine: Full Body will release for PlayStation 4 and Vita in Japan on February 14, 2019, and in 2019 in the West.