Following the hint that Dragon’s Crown Pro would be getting a Western release through a list of playable titles that would be present at PlayStation Experience 2017, Atlus USA has officially announced the North American and European release of the upcoming remake.
IRVINE, Calif. — Dec. 6, 2017 — It’s time to bravely venture back to face the horrors of Wallace’s Underground Labyrinth, battle monstrous orcs in Bilbaron Subterranean Fortress, and go on a magic carpet ride in the Mage’s Tower because Dragon’s Crown Pro is coming to the West in Spring 2018!
This remaster of 2013’s acclaimed 2-D hack and slash couch co-op, beat ’em up action game from Vanillaware and ATLUS will be returning to the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro in 2018 for $49.99 USD and $64.99 CAD! With updated visuals and presentation for the current-gen, hunting for treasure in the Kingdom of Hydeland has never been more rewarding.
Dragon’s Crown Pro retains all the gameplay elements of the original game, including Vanillaware’s gorgeous 2-D visual flair and character design, but adds current-gen upgrades.
Dragon’s Crown Pro features:
- Visuals Fit for an Ancient Dragon – With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware’s signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland.
- A Rousing Adventurer’s Soundtrack – A newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon’s Crown.
- Glorious Presentation – Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! Plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- All the Royal Bells and Whistles – If you already own Dragon’s Crown, your saves won’t go to waste. There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. Oh, and all patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included!
- Four Player Frenzy – With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together.
Screenshots & Box Art
As with the original release, Dragon’s Crown Pro features groups of heroes that face dreadful challenges in the labyrinthine dungeons surrounding the medieval fantasy kingdom of Hydeland. As they explore deeper into the dungeons, non-player characters such as Samuel the Adventurer’s Guild leader and Lucain, the wizard come in to play with quests and tasks to complete. Use six adventurers (Fighter, Dwarf, Amazon, Wizard, Elf, and Sorceress) and their unique abilities to unravel the story behind the ultimate treasure, the Dragon’s Crown.
PlayStation Experience 2017
Dragon’s Crown Pro will be available to play hands-on at PlayStation Experience 2017 in Anaheim on Dec. 9 and Dec. 10. Check out all of the improvements and witness the game in 4K glory at the ATLUS/SEGA booth (Hall B, #B210)!
Dragon’s Crown Pro will be available physically and digitally on the PS4 and PS4 Pro in Spring 2018. The game will be priced at $49.99 USD / $64.99 CAD (with commensurate European pricing) and has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit atlus.com/dragonscrown.