Atlus has now announced that the Vanillaware developed game’s release date has been moved to February 8, 2018.
The previously released trailer has been reuploaded to represent this change:
Digital Game Book
Additionally, a DLC digital game book called “Treasure of Demon Island” will be offered as limited downloadable content with first-print copies of the game, for both the standard and limited editions of the game.
Featuring the six adventurers from Dragon’s Crown, they embark on a new adventure in this digital game book. Once you have chosen your favorite adventurer, shake the dice and rely on courage, determination, and good fortune to overcome the fearful monsters and dangerous traps to obtain the mysterious hidden treasure. It’s a nostalgic, retro game book.
Q & A
A Q&A has been released by Atlus, outlining the differences between the original Dragon’s Crown and Dragon’s Crown Pro.
The basic content of the game is the same as the original version of “Dragon’s Crown.” The details exclusive to “Dragon’s Crown Pro” are as follows:
- Native 4K resolution support, for all graphical elements such as characters, the background, and the interface. All of them have been adapted to high resolution and high image quality, benefiting both the PS4 Pro and the normal PS4.
- All the music is newly recorded with high quality arrangements (and audio can be switched to the original music, as well).
- The original version’s paid DLC (all six game master voices) is included from the outset.
- The English voices from the overseas version of the game are included.
- A scheduled update for the original version of the game, “Ver 1.07,” will be applied from the beginning.
- The touch pad supports cursor movement.
- Share Play is supported so that players can play together with friends who do not own the game (PlayStation Plus subscription required).
The game will feature online multiplayer cross-play compatibility between the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation 4 versions of the game.