Following last week’s news that the Sega Games developed smartphone game Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation would be released this week in Japan, the game is now available, starting on January 22, 2018, for iOS through the App Store, and for Android via Google Play.
Based on the Shin Megami Tensei series, the game features demon summoning, negotiations, and fusions, along with 3D dungeon exploration, on smartphones.
- Take advantage of enemy weaknesses in combat through the press-turn combat system. Demons can be conversed with through negotiations, and demons can be strengthened by combining them through the fusion system.
- The smartphone game will feature new elements to Shin Megami Tensei, such as “Reincarnation”, training, and assisting other players in battle.
- The game features an “AUTO” function to speed up battles, for inexperienced Shin Megami Tensei players.
- Familiar series demons are reproduced with high quality, CG models.
- “Aura Gate” 3D dungeons provide a challenge, and for PvP, there’s “Dx2 Duel” that lets players compete with others and test their strength.
- The game features a story of a secret organization known as the “Liberators,” fighting in the “Dx2” conflict against the antagonists known as “Acolytes.”
- Development: Sega
- Original Series: Atlus
- Scenario: Makoto Fukami
- Character Design: Tatsuro Iwamoto