Following the Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth feature in the latest Famitsu magazine issue #1432, Perfectly Nintendo and Nintendo Everything has translated the information about the game’s customization, job changes, facilities, the “Title” system and “Master Skills” for five more classes.
- The “jobless” race illustrations for the Earthrun, Therian, Lunaria and Bronie races can be selected for a character’s appearance instead of a class-specific look.
- Similar to other Etrian Odyssey games, characters are able to change their class, however certain requirements must be met.
- Characters will lose 5 levels when they change class.
- Characters will maintain their appearance and stats.
- Characters can change to classes that are not normally available to that race, such as a Therian Cestus (with the Cestus class only being available to the Earthrun race initially) or a Bronie Necromancer (with the Necromancer class only being available to the Lunaria race initially).
Two more facilities in the Great City of Aeolis other than the previously described blacksmith are:
- Jenetta’s Inn: Players can heal, save and store their items here. Jenetta (voiced by Sakura Nakamura) will take care of any cows or chickens that have been captured in dungeons.
- Witch Twilight Bar: Players visit this location to receive quests and obtain rewards upon their completion. The quests range from collecting specific materials to defeating specific monsters. The location is managed by a witch called Melina (voice by Akemi Okamura).
Titles and Master Skills
As previously shown for the Fencer class, when certain requirements are met, a class will reach mastery and at that point, a player is able to choose among one of two “Titles / Legendary Names” to give the character. This will grant them with Master Skills that change based on the “Titles / Legendary Name” that was chosen.
Titles and Master skills for five more classes are:
- Golden Dragon Knight (specializes in guarding)
- Soul Guard: Lowers the amount of physical damage inflicted on characters in a single row, and allows them to survive fatal attacks with a certain probability.
- Full Guard: Lowers the amount of damage inflicted on all characters.
- Heavy Fire Dragon Knight (specializes in gunfire)
- Bazooka Canon: Deals ranged crush and fire element damage to a single enemy. The closer the Dragoon is to the target, the more damage is dealt.
- Rapid Cannon: Deals ranged crush damage to an enemy, with the highest priority in the turn it is used.
- The Death God who Spreads Death (specializes in inflicting status ailments)
- Cicada’s Husk: The Reaper leaves at the start of the turn, using a Miasma Soldier as a double. This double deals direct damage to a single enemy at the end of the turn, with the Reaper returning to the party afterwards. If the double is killed, the damage will be nullified through a sacrifice by the double.
- Death Scythe: Deals direct damage to a single enemy, with the possibility of inflicting instant death. The probability increases if the enemy is sleeping.
- The Death God who Keeps Death Away (specializes in support)
- Weakening Miasma: Lowers the physical and magical defense of all enemies for 3 turns.
- Foam Scythe: Removes an enemy’s negative status ailment and subsequently deals physical damage to that enemy for the number of status ailments removed. Example: If 3 negative status effects are removed, physical damage will be dealt 3 times.
- Shitenichi-Style Warrior (specializes in multi-hit attacks)
- Multi-Sword Technique: Can equip up to four swords. A normal attack with set damage is launched and, the more swords that are equipped, the more times the Masurao will attack.
- Flood of Blooming Flowers: Deals direct slash damage to a randomly chosen target. The amount of times the attack is dealt is based on the number of swords equpped and the number of enemies on the field. The formula: (# of swords equipped) * (# of enemies) = (number of attacks dealt). So 2 swords equipped and 3 enemies on the field will result in 6 attacks dealt to a random enemy.
- Peerless Warrior with One Blade (specializes in single-enemy attacks)
- Triple Hit: Deals direct damage to a single enemy up to 3 times. Each attack has a probability of inflicting Head, Arm and Leg Seal status. When one of the attacks inflicts a seal, Triple Hit ends immediately.
- Lightning Cut: Deals close-range slash damage and thunder damage to a single enemy.
- Merciful Herbalist (specializes in healing)
- Area Herb: Heals the HP of all party members. There is also Cure Herb which will heal a single ally and Line Herb which will heal a row.
- Lingering Scent: The last Herb skill that was used will repeat its effects on all party members at the end of each turn for 5 turns.
- Naive Posion Killer (specializes in inflicting status ailments)
- Smoke Solid: Has the probability to inflict Petrify on an enemy affected with a Smoke skill.
- Paralysmoke: Has the probability to inflict paralysis to a single row of enemies, and it also lowers their resistance to paralysis for 3 turns.
- Monk who Controls Six Elements (learns all 6 types of magic)
- Alter: 3 turns after this skill is used, a long-range crush attack will be dealt on an enemy at the beginning of the turn with the probability to petrify it.
- Wind Storm: Deals long-range slash attack damage to all enemies, with a chance to inflict an Arm Seal.
- Ruler of Fire, Ice and Lightning (specializes in those 3 elements)
- Ice Storm: Deals long-range ice damage to all enemies.
- Explode: Deals long-range fire damage to all enemies.
Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth will be released for the Nintendo 3DS on August 4, 2016 in Japan.