Nintendo Everything has translated the details from last week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine which contained an Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth six-page feature on the game’s four races and the following five classes: Fencer, Dragoon, Herbalist, Warlock and Masurao.
Each race has their own unique racial skills, which only classes of that race can use.
The Earthrun race represents humans. They are the most prosperous race, and they live in a variety of regions throughout the game’s world, Arcadia. They have the most classes available to them, with the Fencer, Dragoon, Cestus and Reaper classes.
- Fishing: The ability to fish at specific spots in forest areas.
- Martial Arts: Increases resistance against seals on each individual part of the body.
The Lunaira race represents elves and they are the most intelligent of the races. They mainly live in the Sidonia region where they research magic, and they are very proficient in using it.
- Magic Perception: Slightly increases the INT stat, and it can also discover nearby objects which emanate magic.
- Magic Attachment: Slightly increases the LUC stat, and it also raises the power of offense-based items.
The Bronie race represents dwarves. They live on vast grasslands, and their talent lies in their knowledge of nature and the use of medicines.
- Herbalism: Raises the effect of healing items used by the Bronie character in battles.
- Orderliness: Slightly increases the VIT stat, and passively raises the amount of items the character with this skill can carry by 5.
Therians are the beast race, who are said to be descendants of actual beasts. They live within deep forests or mountain ridges. They excel in power and agility.
- Hunting Technique: Slightly increases the STR stat, and is able to acquire beasts that can be used for food in forests.
- Vigilance: Slightly increases the WIS stat, and passively raises the chance of a preemptive attack for characters with this skill.
Attacker with fast movements that can avoid enemy attacks and link attacks with allies at the same time. They have Chain element skills, where if an ally does an attack with the specified element, they will also do attack. This means it’s possible to do massive damage on an enemy’s elemental weakness.
- Vision Thrust: The ability to perform a close range attack which has the chance to blind the enemy.
- Chain Fire: If the enemy is hit by an attack of the “Stab” or “Fire” element on the same turn this ability is used, the character will perform an additional attack.
- Sylpheed: If the character dodges an enemy’s attack, this ability gives the character a chance to counter with a normal attack.
Has heavy armor and high defense. Unlike the usual “tank” jobs in the series, Dragoons can equip gun as a weapon, and can shoot after blocking.
- Line Guard: Ability that reduces physical damage to an ally during the turn it is used.
- Gun Mount: Ability that extends the effects of a “Guard” skill used on the previous turn, while shooting an enemy from long range.
- Barrage Wall: Shoots all enemies with special bullets, reducing their physical attack strength for 3 turns.
Excels in healing using many kinds of herbs. They can not only heal wounds but also attack with poison. Better placed on rear lines to focus in support and healing allies.
- Cure Herb: Recovers an ally’s HP with the use of herbal medicine.
- Poison Smoke: Throws a smoke ball composed of poison, giving the chance to inflict the poison status on every enemy on a single row. The enemy resistance to poison is also decreased for 3 turns.
- Dark Smoke: Throws a ball composed of tear gas, giving the chance to inflict the blind status on every enemy on a single row. The enemy resistance to being blinded is also decreased for 3 turns.
Magicians who attack enemies with elements. Has high versatility on fighting various enemy troop sizes with their skills.
- Fire Ball: Shoots a long-range fireball at an enemy that will also spread out to the left and right positions of that enemy upon impact.
- High Speed Chant: With this ability, skills that require chanting can be used during the turn this is used without waiting, but they will consume more TP when used.
- Chant: Compressed Technique: A magic attack used during the next turn will only be able to hit a single enemy, but its (concentrated) damage will be increased.
Warriors who use sharp swords to cleave through enemies. By putting them on front line, they will specialize in attack. If they become masters, they can wield up to four swords at once.
- Demon Unrivaled: This ability increases the damage delivered by subsequent hits when performing multi-hit attacks.
- Flying Swallow: A wallow sent to attack an enemy once with maximum speed, and attack a second time when the enemy’s turn ends.
- New Rival: An exploration-specific skill which triggers a battle. It increases the chance to encounter rare enemies and to trigger continuous battles.
Union Skills are also described. They are skills which can be used to battle powerful F.O.E. enemies. Players need to fill up the “Union Gauge” completely to call upon these skills, and doing so can be done in different ways such as winning battles.
An example of Union Skill is Tri Shield. This can nullify up to three enemy attacks on the turn it’s activated.
Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth will be released for the Nintendo 3DS on August 4, 2016 in Japan.