Following the previous Masurao and Cestus class introduction videos, Atlus has released the Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth Reaper and Necromancer class videos.
As described in a previous edition of Famitsu, Reaper uses a scythe to attack and has a unique fighting style that revolves around using miasma to weaken enemies or inflict them with status ailments.
- Miasmic Armament: The ability to sacrifice the Reaper’s own HP to change into a battle mode.
- Exorcism Scythe: A close-range attack using the scythe. If Miasmatic Armament is in effect, this attack will also have the chance to inflict the Curse ailment.
- Spirit Approach: A dungeon exploration-specific skill. When used, it will send out miasma which will attract enemies, raising the encounter rate and the amount of EXP gained for a specific number of steps.
As described in a previous edition of Famitsu, Necromancer is a technical class which revolves around summoning dead spirits and using them in various ways, for offense, defense and support. A class that is hard to master, but with many options.
- Summon Dead Spirit: Sacrifices the Necromancer’s HP to summon a dead spirit. Can also be used while dungeon exploring.
- Flame Bomb: Transforms a dead spirit into a bomb, which is then used as a long-rage attack with the fire element that damages all enemies.
- Compensation to Life: Transforms a dead spirit into lifeforce, healing the HP of all party members.
The Hound and Shaman class introduction videos will be released in the near future.
The comic contributed in issue #1432 of Weekly Famitsu magazine by the creator of YuriYuri and Etrian Odyssey fan, Namori, has been published on the official blog.
Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth will be released for the Nintendo 3DS on August 4, 2016 in Japan.