Etrian Odyssey X Pre-Launch Scans, Famitsu Review Score: 34/40
This week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine #1547 includes a 12-page pre-launch feature on Etrian Odyssey X. The 19 different classes in the game are featured, along with details on what makes them unique and strategy tips.
There is also a new announcement that Weekly Famitsu issue #1548, releasing next week, will include two new illustrated character portrait DLC for the Paladin and Medic by the artist Choboraunyopomi, who is behind the Ai Mai Mi series.
The cover of this week’s Famitsu magazine features EOX, illustrated by series character designer Yuji Himukai.
Etrian Odyssey X was given a score of 9/8/8/9 by Famitsu, for a total of 34/40. Famitsu states it took 80 hours to finish the game, with over 100 hours for the additional content.
- There are many classes and systems, representing a large amount of volume as a culmination point for the Etrian Odyssey series.
- The game is not difficult, so it’s easy to go through.
- There are few innovative elements.
- The new classes and new systems are underwhelming.
- It picks strong elements from the series, lending it a consistent quality of fun.
- There is a lot to do right from the start, including boss battles.
- The content is delivered at a stable pace, with few surprises.
- As a fan, there is a good deal of attention to detail.
Previous Etrian Odyssey game review scores by Famitsu:
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (3DS) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
- Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth (3DS) – 8/9/9/9 [35/40]
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (3DS) – 9/9/9/8 [35/40]
- Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City (NDS) – 9/9/8/9 [35/40]
- Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard (NDS) – 9/9/8/8 [34/40]
- Etrian Odyssey (NDS) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
Etrian Odyssey X will be released for the Nintendo 3DS on August 2, 2018, in Japan.