Following the announcement of Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth for an August 4, 2016 release in Japan this year for the Nintendo 3DS, flying get information from the upcoming issue of Famitsu magazine has been released by [email protected].
- In addition to the standard edition for 6,998 yen (including tax) on August 4, there will be a limited edition for 10,778 yen.
- First-print copies will include a preliminary Original Soundtrack, while the special edition will include an artbook and DLC.
- Director: Shigeo Komori
- Character Design: Yuji Himukai
- Monster Design: Shin Nagasawa
- Composer: Yuzo Koshiro
- There are four races in the land of Arcadia:
- Aslan: Humans
- Lunaria: Elf-like
- Serian: Beastkin
- Brani: Dwarf-like
- Announced character classes (and their corresponding races):
- Fencer (Aslan)
- Dragoon (Aslan)
- Cestus (Aslan)
- Reaper (Aslan)
- Necromancer (Lunaria)
- Warlock (Lunaria)
- Herbalist (Brani)
- Shaman (Brani)
- Hero (Masurao) (Serian)
- Hound (Serian)
- Players can choose one gender, one race, and the class for their characters, freely combining characteristics [however, classes are race specific].
- There are race-specific skills in addition to character skills.
- Skin, hair, eye color can be changed with a palette of 10 colors to choose from. Players can give their characters one eye that is differently colored than the other.
- There are 40 different character voices to choose, among the following voice actors: Shouta Aoi, Satomi Arai, Akira Ishida, Toru Okawa, Ayaka Ohashi, Yoshihisa Kawahara, Misaki Kuno, Mitsuki Saiga, Takuya Satou, Asami Seto, Atsuko Tanaka, Kosuke Toriumi, Joji Nakata, Kaori Nazuka, Natsuki Hanae, Saori Hayami, Megumi Han, Yoko Hikasa, Rina Hidaka, Yui Horie, Ayumu Murase, and Tsubasa Yonaga.
- The game is fully voiced, with an option to turn off voices.
- Dungeons have random encounter symbols, similar to how F.O.E. enemies have their own symbols. Conventional mapping remains in the bottom screen.
- Dungeons and events have evolved to be considered more like a “TRPG” (tabletop-style RPG).
- The game’s development is 60% complete, with it having reached a point where it can be played from beginning to end.
Translation thanks to Mystic of TRADUKO Soft.
Developer interview translation via Gematsu:
The following are tidbits from an interview with director Shigeo Komori:
- The concept for the latest game is character customization with a high degree of freedom and dungeon exploration that tickles your adventurous spirit, as well as consistent battles and growth.
- With the new races never seen in previous games, you can make a completely new character.
- Voices are also introduced. However, similar to previous games, people who want to play without voices can choose to do so.
- The Hound class is named for the pets it is able to use.
- Dungeon exploration’s table talk RPG-ness has been enhanced.
- The map on the lower screen, as well as the icons and controls have been improved.
- The sub-classes of Etrian Odyssey III and IV, and the Grimoires of Etrian Odyssey Untold made it so you could make a team with no weak points. This one is being designed so that it’s harder to make a well-rounded team; all the classes have very specific roles, like in the first Etrian Odyssey.
The Weekly Famitsu magazine issue #1422 releasing on March 3, 2016 will contain the above information, along with illustrations.
Scans from the upcoming issue of Famitsu have been leaked.
Fencer → Skillfully wield pointed swords
Dragoon → Boast of defense as tough as a dragon
Cestus → Clear through battles with their tempered fists
Reaper → Fell enemies with sickles that bring death
Necromancer → Summoners that command the spirits of the dead
Warlock → Sages skilled in elemental attacks
Herbalist → Masters of healing with herbs
Shaman → Use mysterious powers to save their allies
Masurao → Warriors that weld four swords
Hound → Hunters that command falcons and dogs
Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth will be released for the Nintendo 3DS on August 4, 2016 in Japan.