MMORPG Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine to Shut Down after 9 Years in Service
The MMORPG Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine was released on April 4, 2007 and today, nine years later, it has been announced that the game will be shut down on May 24, 2016 at 11:00 AM.
The reason given for the termination of the service is that it has become difficult to continue providing a satisfying, ongoing experience for the players, after years of listening to players’ suggestions and extensive updates.
The officially released schedule for the future of the game is:
- March 11 at 16:00: End of new account registrations.
- March 15 at 10:00: “Refund application” of unconsumed CP start being accepted.
- March 15 at 11:00: “Certified Net cafe services” end.
- March 23 at 13:00: CP purchases will no longer be accepted, with the end of the payment service.
- May 24 at 11:00: “Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE” end of service.
- May 24 at 11:00: CP will no longer be able to be used.
- May 31 at 11:00: “Refund application” for unconsumed CP ends.
- May 31 at 11:00: Refunds for unconsumed CP from the members who applied starts.
- June 7 at 16:00: Support for the game ends.
- June 28 at 16:00: Personal relations for the game ends.
- June 30 at 18:00: Unconsumed CP refunds are complete.
CP is a paid service using real currency, used to purchase CP items.
The English version of SMT: Imagine was shut down by Marvelous USA—which incorporated Atlus Online—two years ago on February 28, 2014.
Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine is a massively online multiplayer RPG with the framework of an SMT game. The game takes place in a collapsed Tokyo, with players assuming the role of “Demon Busters” who fight and converse with demons to survive in its harsh world. The game is set between the events of Shin Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei II.