New 3DS Etrian Odyssey Game to be Revealed on an April 10th Live Stream
It was previously teased in December 2017 that the last Etrian Odyssey game that will be released for the Nintendo 3DS would be announced in Spring 2018. Atlus has now announced that this game will be revealed next week.
The official site for the upcoming game has been released with the url “SQX.” The live stream will take place on April 10 at 12:00 PM JST (April 9 at 8:00 PM PDT / 11:00 PM EDT).
Previously released details for the newest Etrian Odyssey game:
- The game will be for the Nintendo 3DS.
- The game will not be Etrian Odyssey 3 [Untold]
- It will be a “true culmination” of the series.
- It will have a lot of map drawing. (“So much mapping, players will dislike it.”)
- It will have surprising content.
- The game will not be a numbered title nor a new series, as a festival-like project representing a culmination of the series thus far. It will be the last Etrian Odyssey game on the 3DS.
- Series character designer Yuji Himukai, monster designer Masao Nagashima, sound composer Yuzo Koshiro and other familiar people from the Etrian Odyssey series are in charge of this game’s development.
- Komori stated that he wanted to emphasize elements of the new game based on a criticism from Etrian Odyssey V that the quantity of events in the second half of the game was decreased.
- The number of staff members involved with the game’s scenario has been increased to strengthen weak areas, along with cooperation from scenario writer Yo Hazuki (Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Devil Survivor Overclocked, etc.).
- Himukai is glad he had the opportunity to participate in this kind of project, saying that it’s like a “bonus stage,” and that the character illustrations he is working on have a different approach and concept than that of the traditional series.