Via 4Gamer, Atlus has sent out a press release about the previously detailed job change mechanic, new “Titles” and new facilities in Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth, along with new screenshots and complete character artwork.
This follows the previous 4Gamer feature earlier this month.
Normal race illustrations can also be used for the player character
- The “jobless” race illustrations for the Earthrun, Therian, Lunaria and Bronie races can be selected for a character’s appearance instead of a class-specific look.
Go beyond the boundaries of race with the job change system
- Similar to other Etrian Odyssey games, characters are able to change their class, however certain requirements must be met.
- Characters will lose 5 levels when they change class.
- Characters will maintain their appearance and stats.
- Characters can change to classes that are not normally available to that race, such as a Therian Cestus (with the Cestus class only being available to the Earthrun race initially) or a Bronie Necromancer (with the Necromancer class only being available to the Lunaria race initially).
Introducing the two titles for the Dragoon
The title for a Dragoon that specializes in guarding is the Golden Dragon Knight. As this title, the Dragoon will acquire a variety of guard-based skills to shield their allies.
The title for a Dragoon that specializes in gunfire is the Fire Dragon Knight. Skills acquired with this title will be focused on increased damage with the Dragoon’s artillery and giving negative status effects to the enemies.
Some of the Dragoon mastery skills
[Golden Dragon Knight]
- Soul Guard: Lowers the amount of physical damage inflicted on characters in a single row, and allows them to survive fatal attacks with a certain probability.
- Full Guard: Lowers the amount of damage inflicted on all characters.
[Fire Dragon Knight]
- Bazooka Canon: Deals ranged crush and fire element damage to a single enemy. The closer the Dragoon is to the target, the more damage is dealt.
- Rapid Cannon: Deals ranged crush damage to an enemy, with the highest priority in the turn it is used.
Introducing the two titles for the Reaper
The title for a Reaper that specializes in inflicting more diverse status effects is The Death God who Spreads Death. With strategy, it is possible to deal a high amount of damage on the enemy.
The title for a Reaper that specializes in support and protecting allies is The Death God who Keeps Death Away. This title specializes in weakening enemies and strengthening allies.
[The Death God who Spreads Death]
- Cicada’s Husk: The Reaper leaves at the start of the turn, using a Miasma Soldier as a double. This double deals direct damage to a single enemy at the end of the turn, with the Reaper returning to the party afterwards. If the double is killed, the damage will be nullified through a sacrifice by the double.
- Death Scythe: Deals direct damage to a single enemy, with the possibility of inflicting instant death. The probability increases if the enemy is sleeping.
[The Death God who Keeps Death Away]
- Weakening Miasma: Lowers the physical and magical defense of all enemies for 3 turns.
- Foam Scythe: Removes an enemy’s negative status ailment and subsequently deals physical damage to that enemy for the number of status ailments removed. Example: If 3 negative status effects are removed, physical damage will be dealt 3 times.
Introducing the two titles for the Warlock
In addition to flame ice and lightning, the Monk who Controls Six Elements will be able to freely manipulate all six elements.
The Ruler of Fire, Ice and Lightning will have Warlocks with that title wield those three elements with even more power.
[Monk who Controls Six Elements]
- Alter: 3 turns after this skill is used, a long-range crush attack will be dealt on an enemy at the beginning of the turn with the probability to petrify it.
- Wind Storm: Deals long-range slash attack damage to all enemies, with a chance to inflict an Arm Seal.
[Ruler of Fire, Ice and Lightning]
- Ice Storm: Deals long-range ice damage to all enemies.
- Explode: Deals long-range fire damage to all enemies.
Introducing the two titles for the Masurao
The Masurao with the title of Shitenichi-Style Warrior will be able to wield up to four swords, specializing in multi-hit attacks.
The Peerless Warrior with One Blade, on the other hand, specializes in single-enemy attacks.
- Multi-Sword Technique: Can equip up to four swords. A normal attack with set damage is launched and, the more swords that are equipped, the more times the Masurao will attack.
- Flood of Blooming Flowers: Deals direct slash damage to a randomly chosen target. The amount of times the attack is dealt is based on the number of swords equpped and the number of enemies on the field. The formula: (# of swords equipped) * (# of enemies) = (number of attacks dealt). So 2 swords equipped and 3 enemies on the field will result in 6 attacks dealt to a random enemy.
[Peerless Warrior with One Blade]
- Triple Hit: Deals direct damage to a single enemy up to 3 times. Each attack has a probability of inflicting Head, Arm and Leg Seal status. When one of the attacks inflicts a seal, Triple Hit ends immediately.
- Lightning Cut: Deals close-range slash damage and thunder damage to a single enemy.
Introducing the two titles for the Herbalist
The Merciful Herbalist specializes in healing, learning various recovery skills to strongly support the team.
The Naive Posion Killer specializes in poison herbs, defeating enemies by inflicting status effects with various kinds of poison.
- Area Herb: Heals the HP of all party members. There is also Cure Herb which will heal a single ally and Line Herb which will heal a row.
- Lingering Scent: The last Herb skill that was used will repeat its effects on all party members at the end of each turn for 5 turns.
[Naive Posion Killer]
- Smoke Solid: Has the probability to inflict Petrify on an enemy affected with a Smoke skill.
- Paralysmoke: Has the probability to inflict paralysis to a single row of enemies, and it also lowers their resistance to paralysis for 3 turns.
Jenetta’s Inn Introduction
In Jenetta’s Inn, players can heal their party and save. It is also possible to deposit and withdraw items in this convenient facility.
Additionally, Jenetta will take care of cattle and chickens captured while dungeon crawling. This will result in new ingredients such as fresh milk and eggs.
Jenetta (Voiced by Sakura Nakamura)
Witch Twilight Bar Introduction
Players visit this location to receive quests and obtain rewards upon their completion. The quests range from collecting specific materials to defeating specific monsters. The location is managed by a witch called Melina.
Melina will provide adventurers with a variety of information, some of which can be key regarding the quests that are offered.
Melina (Voiced by Akemi Okamura)
Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth will be released for the Nintendo 3DS on August 4, 2016 in Japan.