Via 4Gamer, Atlus has sent out a press release about the previously detailed remaining five classes (Cestus, Reaper, Necromancer, Hound and Herbalist) and the “Legendary Name” mechanic in Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth, along with new screenshots and complete character artwork.
This follows the previous 4Gamer feature last month.
When certain requirements are met, a class will reach mastery and at that point, a player is able to choose among one of two “Legendary Names” to give the character. This will grant them with Mastery Skills that change based on the “Legendary Name” that was chosen.
A character’s stats will increase depending on the Legendary Name chosen.
Introducing the Fencer Legendary Names
Fencers who specialize in evasive tactics. They learn a variety of skills in order to avoid enemy attacks.
Lightning Swift Swordsman
Fencers who specialize in cooperative attacks. They can deal significant damage to foes by using skills that strengthen their use of the chain mechanic.
Some of the expert Fencer skills
- Bewitching Swords Dance: This ability disorients the enemy’s sense of distance, decreasing their accuracy to a single row for 3 turns.
- Sharp Thrust: Attacks an enemy in order for the enemy to pay attention to the Fencer, and it increases the Fecner’s evasion during that turn.
[Lightning Swift Swordsman]
- Resonance: A close-range thrusting attack to an enemy whose damage increases depending on the amount of attacks that were activated from Chain Skills on the previous turn.
- Chain Killer: If the target enemy is inflicted with a status ailment or a seal, the Fencer will perform an additional thrusting attack.
“Legendary Names” are editable
Cestus (Earthrun race)
An offensive class that specializes in attacking with their fists and using seals on enemy body parts. They can also sacrifice their own HP to make use of more powerful abilities.
- Arm Break: An attack with the chance to inflict an Arm Seal.
- Blood Rampage: A counter-based ability that will hit an enemy based on the damage sustained by the Cestus. Each time the Cestus’ HP decreases, there is also a chance that an additional attack will be executed with the weapon’s element.
- Demon Man Fist: The ability to sacrifice the Cestus’ own HP in order to perform a close-range attack that will damage an enemy, as well as the enemies to its left and right.
Reaper (Earthrun race)
Uses a scythe to attack and has a unique fighting style that revolves around using miasma to weaken enemies or inflict them with status ailments.
- Miasmic Armament: The ability to sacrifice the Reaper’s own HP to change into a battle mode.
- Exorcism Scythe: A close-range attack using the scythe. If Miasmatic Armament is in effect, this attack will also have the chance to inflict the Curse ailment.
- Spirit Approach: A dungeon exploration-specific skill. When used, it will send out miasma which will attract enemies, raising the encounter rate and the amount of EXP gained for a specific number of steps.
Necromancer (Lunaria race)
A technical class which revolves around summoning dead spirits and using them in various ways, for offense, defense and support. A class that is hard to master, but with many options.
- Summon Dead Spirit: Sacrifices the Necromancer’s HP to summon a dead spirit. Can also be used while dungeon exploring.
- Flame Bomb: Transforms a dead spirit into a bomb, which is then used as a long-rage attack with the fire element that damages all enemies.
- Compensation to Life: Transforms a dead spirit into lifeforce, healing the HP of all party members.
Hound (Therian race)
Hunters who use a bow in order to attack and also call upon the help of a hawk for offensive-based techniques, and a hunting dog for support abilities, such as healing and sealing enemy body parts. Both the hawk and the dog can be used simultaneously depending on the skills the Hound learns.
- Hawk Flute: Calls the hawk. This can also be used while dungeon exploring.
- Twin Wing Flash: The hawk hits a single enemy with a high priority attack and, at the end of the enemy turn, the hawk attacks the entire row.
- Dog Flute: Calls the dog. This can also be used while dungeon exploring.
- Rescue Order: Commands the dog to heal a single ally’s HP as well as their status ailments.
Shaman (Bronie race)
More effective when positioned at the back of a team, they are priests who can communicate with invisible beings in order to heal allies and make them more powerful.
- Prayer: Tutelary God: Raises the defense of all allies for 3 turns.
- Gospel: When this skill is in effect and an ability is used that strengthens an ally, their HP will also be healed.
- Oracle: Wind Dance: If Prayer: Blaze, Ice Rain or Purple Lightning is used, Oracle will change its effect into a long-range attack that damages all enemies with its respective element and lowers their resistance to that element until the turn ends.
“Great city of Aeolis” Introduction
In the great city of Aeolis, players can sell materials obtained in dungeons to unlock more equipment and items. It’s also possible to use the materials for upgrading weapons.
Weapons can be reinforced with the blacksmith, with weapons then displaying indicators such as “+1” or “+2.” Additionally, weapons can be “recycled” to obtain material that can then be used for new enhancements.
With the aim of reaching the summit of Yggdrasil…!
Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth will be released for the Nintendo 3DS on August 4, 2016 in Japan.