New Persona 5 Details Include Returning ‘Vox Populi’ System, Cooperation Benefits
The newly released Weekly Famitsu magazine issue #1443 includes new details for Persona 5, and they have been translated by various sources.
Famitsu #1443 Info
You can start new co-ops at your part-time jobs to gain your stats and get new skills. For instance, after leveling up your ingenuity, you’ll be able to make more items (to use in Palaces) at once. Therefore, every element in this game is cooperating with each other.
Other than the new co-op characters introduced this time, you’re also able to do co-op with the members of the Phantom Thieves. After deepening your bond with them, it would be possible to date and become lovers with them, however, beware of the consequences of dating several people at the same time!
After gaining the co-op with Kawakami (the teacher), you’ll be able to skip classes to do your “side jobs”. Of course, if you take classes properly, it has its benefits too. It all depends on you what kind of a student you want to be!
Message from Producer Hashino
After playing the game for a while, there will be more and more options for you to choose. If you get confused and not knowing what to choose, you can either follow the invitations you get from friends on SNS, or you can check “Everyone’s voice”. (You can use this function to see what other players choose to do on the same date. Detailed info regarding this function will be introduced in the next issue.)
The “Everyone’s Voice” system was called the “Vox Populi” system in the English version of Persona 4 Golden, and it let players see how other players spent their time on any given day.
- Negative, exaggerated rumors about the protagonist are spread at school because of the incident at the start of the game where he assaulted a middle-aged man. It is possible to listen in on other students spreading this gossip.
- The protagonist will go to Hawaii as part of a school trip.
- As part of the social studies part of the school trip, the students at Syujin High School will attend a talk show featuring the detective Akechi Goro.
- The story in Persona 5 is designed to be less convoluted and has a much bigger focus on thrusting players into the story.
- Akechi Goro character profile
A high schooler who carries on a detective business. His abilities as a detective have been widely approved since not only he has solved numerous cases, but he’s also able to deal with people from the investigation agency smoothly. His handsome feature also draws himself public attention, and people comment him as “The Second Advent of Detective Prince”.
By progressing your relationship with various Cooperation characters, players will gain new benefits:
- Munehisa Iwai (Hanged Man) will give players new weapons and discounts.
- Tae Takemi (Death) will give players new drugs.
- Hifumi Togo (The Star) will give players new tactical abilities in combat, such as being able to switch characters mid-battle, unlocking the “Baton Touch” mechanic or ways to escape from battle.
- Ichiko Oya (The Devil) will give new information on the targets of the Phantom Thieves.
- Shinya Oda (The Tower) will give players access to more guns and improve skills.
- Toranosuke Yoshida (The Sun) will improve negotiations with enemies. At Rank 2, for example, “when asking for money or an item during Hold Up, additional requests (aka extortion) can be made.”
- Yuki Mishima (The Moon) will give players Free Quest requests and improve the rating of the Phantom Thieves on “KaitouCh,” which is a social network discussing the actions and existence of the thieves by the youth.
- Activites players will be able to spend their time with during the day include advancing relationships with Cooperation characters, working at part-time jobs, making tools with Morgana at home, studying at the library, going to the theater or renting a DVD.
- The areas in Persona 5 are all based on real life locations. A lot of detail has been put into the modeling of Tokyo, down to elements like graffiti, casually placed bicycles and trash.
Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan on September 15, 2016, and in China on the same date for the PS4. It will have a February 14, 2017 North American release date, and the game has been announced for a European release.