During The Game Awards 2021, a PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam PC release of the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax fighting game was announced for a March 17, 2022 release date.
Featuring all of the DLC content from the console release of the game in 2014, the newly released version of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will be based on the 2.50 arcade version of the game, which had not been released outside of arcades previously.
The Steam page can be seen here. Those who own Persona 4 Golden on Steam can purchase Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for a 30% discount.
Remastered Version Features
- Includes almost all of the downloadable content that was sold separately. This includes the additional colors and additional background music that was only available as magazine exclusives.
- The resolution has been improved, to make the UI and other screen elements clearer.
- “Golden Arena Mode” has been updated based on the arcade release’s version 2.50. This includes new skills.
- “Challenge Mode” has been updated based on the arcade release’s version 2.50.
ABOUT THIS GAME:
The stakes are Ultimate, the tension is Maximum, the fight is… the ULTIMAX!
Experience the latest entry into the beloved Persona 4 series with a thrilling fighting twist.
Join the heroes as they combat an army of Shadows in the P-1 CLIMAX!
Key Features include:
- Ultimax Version – Includes all previously released Persona 4 Arena Ultimax content, including the original Persona 4 Arena story
- A Deep Roster of Playable Characters – Persona 3 fan-favorites and “Shadow” versions offer a range of fighting styles to choose from
- Dual audio – Choose between Japanese and English VO
- Steam Achievements and Trading Cards
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was originally released in arcades in November 2013. The fighting game spin-off of Persona 4 and sequel to Persona 4 Arena was subsequently released for the PlayStation 3