Atlus has announced that the Persona 3 and Persona 5 dancing games will be localised in Europe and the Americas as Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight. The games will release for both the PS4 and Vita in 2019.
Both titles will feature dual audio, with a full English dub, as well as English, French, Italian, German and Spanish subtitles.
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby it’s finally time! We here at ATLUS are happy to announce that the latest rhythm games based on the worldwide JRPG phenomenon, both Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight will be launching in the Americas and Europe early 2019! Both games will feature all of the songs included in their original Japanese versions, as well as a full English dub, dual audio options, and English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitles.
Both games come complete with dozens of fan-favorite songs from the original Persona 3 and Persona 5 by Shoji Meguro, composed by Ryota Kozuka, as well as all-new remixes by ATOLS, Lotus Juice, ☆Taku Takahashi (m-flo / block.fm), Jazztronik, and more. You’ll start out with only a small selection of songs, but as you complete them, you’ll unlock more songs, dancers, partners, and costumes to customize your perfect performance.
Getting started in P3D/P5D is simple – choose a song, select a difficulty level, select your dancer(s), and get on with the show! After that, all you need to do is time button presses with the on-screen prompts in time with the music, and you’ll be jamming along with your favorite Persona series characters. There’s also an auto-play mode in case you just want to enjoy some catchy songs and expertly-choreographed dance routines (auto-play won’t count for progression, though).
Want to take a break and connect with the members of SEES or the Phantom Thieves? As you complete specified songs and accomplish various objectives, you’ll start to unlock “Social” event scenes between characters. These scenes offer a fun look into character personalities and relationships with each other; some “Social” scenes will also unlock new items after they’re viewed!
We’re really excited to share this alternate side of the Persona series with all of our fans in the West. Get ready, because life will change when Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight launch early 2019!
Atlus USA PR
Calling all dancing queens, kings, androids, talking cat-like creatures, and everything in between! All are welcome to join their favorite characters on the dance floor in Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight when they’re released in the Americas and Europe early 2019 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita platforms. Fans of Persona 3, Persona 5 and newcomers alike are invited to Club Velvet for a magical dance party they won’t soon forget.In Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight, the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad (SEES) and the Phantom Thieves are each whisked away to a secret room, known only as Club Velvet. Upon awakening, each group finds themselves face-to-face with enigmatic Velvet Room residents and are forced to perform at a mysterious dance party, unaware of what lies ahead of them.Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlightfeatures include:
- Memorable Soundtrack – Return to the worlds of Persona 3 and Persona 5 and relive cherished memories with the games’ most memorable songs by Shoji Meguro, composed by Ryota Kozuka, as well as all-new remixes by ATOLS, Lotus Juice, ☆Taku Takahashi (m-flo / block.fm), Jazztronik, and more! Unlock a total of 25 fan-favorite tracks in each game.
- Dancing! – Choose from several difficulty levels and dance alongside the members of SEES and the legendary Phantom Thieves in a customizable rhythm game experience. Characters can tear up the dance floor with a partner by performing well during a song and entering “Fever” mode; try out some of your favorite character combinations!
- English and Japanese Voiceovers – Choose to listen to your favorite characters’ voices in either English or Japanese with dual audio options! English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitles are also available.
- Social – In “Social,” players can connect with their favorite characters and deepen their social bonds through conversations and mini-events. Fulfill character-specific conditions to unlock special events and unlock new items.
- Collect Costumes – Collect and equip a variety of costumes and accessories to create an even flashier dance experience.A hands-on playable demo of Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight will be available at the ATLUS / SEGA booth at E3 2018 (West Hall #5222), which runs from June 12-14 in Los Angeles, California.Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight will be available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita platforms in the Americas and Europe in early 2019. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB, USK, PEGI, or OFL. Please visit the official website for more information: http://atlus.com/personadancing.
The official English website has also launched and can be found here.
Atlus European PR has confirmed that the game will be playable at E3, the Vita version will be digital only, and that information on the retail offerings will be announced soon.
Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight was released for the PS4 and PS Vita on May 24, 2018 in Japan. They will be released for both platforms in Traditional Chinese on September 20, 2018.