Persona 3 Gets a Third Stage Play Adaptation
Following last year’s Persona 3: The Weird Masquerade ~The Ultramarine Labyrinth~ stage play adaptation, a third one has been announced to take place later this year.
The third Persona 3 stage play in the series, dubbed Persona 3: The Weird Masquerade ~Bismuth Crystal~, will take place from June 5 to June 13, 2015 at Theater G-Rosso, in Tokyo.
The title’s meaning derives from their concept that: “bismuth is weak and brittle, however it can still tie together to form a brilliant miracle.”
There will again be two versions of the stage play, with one for the male Persona 3 protagonist and another for the female Persona 3 protagonist. The cast includes the following:
- Sakuya Shiomi (P3 hero male): Shouta Aoi
- Kotone Shiomi (P3 hero female): Kana Asumi
- Yukari Takeba: Maho Tomita
- Mitsuru Kirijo: Asami Tano
- Junpei Iori: Genki Okawa
- Akihiko Sanada: Yuuki Fujiwara
- Fuuka Yamagishi: Marina Tanoue
- Ken Amada: Waku Sakaguchi and Tomonori Suzuki (Same role, different performances)
- Aigis: ZAQ
- Takaya: Takeya Nishiya
- Jin: Hiroichi Matsumoto
- Pharos: Keisuke Ueda
- Shuji Ikutsuki: Shoichi Honda
…and more. For a list of pictures of the cast in costume, check out this Kotaku article from 2014.
The previous director, Makoto Kimura, will be returning for the third stage play, and script-writer Kodora Kagurazawa will be returning as well, with the help of Sho Yoshizaki (of the MAG.net stage production unit).
The announcement tweet by production company CLIE:
西山丈也、松本祐一／植田圭輔、唐橋 充 他
— CLIE (@clie_seisaku) February 28, 2015