Following the announcement that this week’s issue of Famitsu would be featuring Persona 5, blog Hachima Kikou has reported on a flying get information leak from the article that revolves around combat gameplay mechanics and the game’s other world.
- The action of the game takes place in an alternate world called the Palace. This is a place where it is possible to reform rotten adults by stealing their “treasure” in its depths.
- A variety of actions can be taken, such as using the circle button to hide from enemy “shadows” who act as sentinels in the Palace.
- An ability by the name of “Third Eye” can be triggered in suspicious locations to solve puzzles or find items that are key in the other world.
- It is possible to attack enemies by surprise if they are approached without noticing you.
- By pressing the R1 button in combat, a battle assist mode is activated, which will automatically attack enemy weak points.
- New elements have been added to the game’s combat such as “nuclear heat” and “telekinetic.”
- Specific skills used when an enemy is afflicted by a negative status effect will deal a significant amount of damage.
- Nuclear heat is effective against enemies on fire, frozen or shocked by electricity. Telekinetic is effective against enemies with a negative mental status effect.
- Conversations can be initiated with enemies in combat in a “Hold Up” state, which happens when the conditions for an All-Out Attack are met.
- Shadows in “Hold Up” can be told to lend their strength in the form of becoming a persona for the player to use.
- Enemies in “Hold Up” can also be requested to give money and items through the conversation mechanic.
The June 30, 2016 edition of Famitsu—or issue #1437—will be releasing in Japan on June 16, 2016.
Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan on September 15, 2016, with a February 14, 2017 North American release date.