As announced during the “Take the Treasure” live stream, Persona 5 “experience meetings” (or public demos) will begin nationwide in Japan on July 30.
Technically starting with the public demo on July 19 at the Tokyo National Museum, visitors will get to play both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of Persona 5 at select locations in Japan.
Those who participate will receive a special “Thief team rubber strap.”
Participants will get to play the game for 10-15 minutes, with a demo centered around combat and investigation in the Palace dungeons. Applications won’t be required to participate in these “over-the-counter” demos, which will last from July 30 to August 27, 2016.
- July 30 (11:00 – 18:00 JST): Joshin Disk Pier Nihonbashi
- August 6 (10:00 – 18:00 JST): Akihabara UDX Gallery
- August 13 (10:00 – 18:00 JST): Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Sapporo Store Special Corner
- August 21 (12:00 – 19:00 JST): Animate Nagoya Special Site (Third Taiko Building)
- August 27 (12:00 – 19:00 JST): Yoyogi Animation Gakuin Fukuoka Fifth Floor
Premium Experience Meetings
There will also be “Premium Experience Meeting” versions of the Persona 5 demos, which will require an application. Participants in these will get to play the game for 2 hours, thoroughly experiencing the story from the start of the game to battles.
Premium experience meetings will be limited to a number of 40 people, and will go from July 31 to August 27. Deadline for the application is July 22 at 13:59 JST.
- July 31: Tokyo Hulic Hall & Conference
- August 7: Creative Center Osaka
- August 11: El Park Sendai
- August 20: Aichi Prefecture Industrial & Labor Center
- August 27: Aichi Momochi Beach
Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan on September 15, 2016, and in China on the same date for the PS4. It will have a February 14, 2017 North American release date, and the game has been announced for a European release.