Following last week’s new Persona 5 information via Famitsu as well as the new character and persona art, the official website’s character page has been updated with profile pages for Makoto Nijima, Futaba Sakura and Haru Okumura.
Makoto Niijima (Voice Actor: Rina Satō)
- A third year who attends the same high school (Syujin High School) as the hero. She has a strong sense of responsibility and morals as a student council president, and she is a very serious honor student who doesn’t compromise.
- Hashino comments that Makoto becomes a focus in the story after the first incident at Syujin High School, where she starts to keep an eye on things. At a glance she doesn’t appear to be someone who would be part of the Phantom Thieves as a student at the academy, given her righteous nature.
- She has her own problems which will eventually result in Makoto awakening to her persona, causing an incident.
Futaba Sakura (Voice Actor: Aoi Yuki)
- She has inhuman computing abilities, as a girl genius in programming capability, but she has trouble communicating with others.
- Her age is that of a first-year student in high school, however she becomes a shut-in after a certain incident after she graduates junior high school.
- Hashino comments that Sakura changes after encountering the hero. Her situation has special circumstances associated with it, and she has a key role in the story.
- Alone with the main character, she will behave normally, however when she is face-to-face with several others she tends to wear strange headgear.
Haru Okumura (Voice Actor: Haruka Tomatsu)
- A third-year high school student of Syujin High School who is the daughter to the wealthy president of a large restaurant company. Elegant but naive to the ways of the world, she tends to observe people.
- Even though she is very elegant and good at communicating with others with a gentle demeanor, she does not find value in human relations, and avoids having relationships with other people.
- As the daughter of a company’s president, her life has always been much different from the norm.
- Hashino comments that Okumura’s relationships with adults have been warped from past experiences.
- She will have a key role as the story moves forward.
Johanna (Makoto Niijima’s initial persona)
- A persona in the shape of a large motorcycle with a female head at its front.
- This persona is based on Pope Joan, a fabled female pope from the Middle Ages in Europe.
Necronomicon (Futaba Sakura’s initial persona)
- With the shape of an unidentified flying object and engraved with a plethora of information, this persona symbolizes the unknown force that is Futaba.
- This persona is based on the fictional grimoire Necronomicon.
Milady (Haru Okumura’s initial persona)
- Milady wears a beautiful dress decorated with lilly-designed embroidery. In the bottom of its elegant skirt, however, lies powerful weapons.
- This persona is based on Milady de Winter of the Three Musketeers.
Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan on September 15, 2016, with a 2016 North American release date.