Following the announcement that there would be seven new announcements made for Persona 5 during the upcoming “Take the Treasure” live stream, the official website for it has been updated, as well as an announcement that the duration of the event has been expanded.
To make way for the “seven mystery announcements” from Akechi Goro’s (voiced by Soichiro Hoshi) “pre-investigation files” (and to properly follow the Phantom Thieves’ crime), the duration of the Take the Treasure live stream event has been expanded.
Taking place at the Tokyo National Museum, the event was originally going to take place on a single day: July 19 at 7:30 PM JST. Now, the time for the Niconico live stream broadcast has been updated to a duration of 24-hours.
The new dates are:
- Day 1 (July 18): 9:30 PM JST to 12:00 AM JST (lasts for 2.5 hours, starting at 8:30 AM EDT, 5:30 AM PDT).
- Day 2 (July 19): 8:00 AM JST to 9:30 PM JST (lasts for 13.5 hours, starting at 7:00 PM EDT on July 18, 4:00 PM PDT on July 18).
With seven new announcements teased, the event website has been updated with several countdowns. The timers are in accordance with the time zone used to see them.
- The topmost part of the website shows a large timer, counting down until July 19 at 8:00 PM JST.
- There are then seven smaller countdown timers for the seven announcements which will be made afterwards.
- Each of the “seven mystery announcement” countdown slots have their own background silhouettes as teases to what they relate to. Similar to the Persona teaser website in September 2013, the boxes only shake when clicked on.
- Each of the countdown boxes have their titles partially revealed, while the rest is blanked out. Via Hachima Kikou:
- 1. ■■■■■■■■■定！
- 2. ■■■連■■■■■開始！
- 3. ■■■■イ■■■開■決定！
- 4. ■■■■■■■■発表！
- 5. モ■■■■■＆フ■■■■■■解禁！
- 6. ■■者（■■■■■■）■解禁！
- 7. ■■の■■・■公開！
- The bottom of the website states that the “investigation is ongoing.”
Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan on September 15, 2016, and in China on the same date for the PS4. It will have a February 14, 2017 North American release date, and the game has been announced for a European release.