Weekly Famitsu magazine #1613—or the November 14, 2019 issue—will be released tomorrow on October 31, 2019. This issue of Famitsu will include a Persona 5 Royal launch feature, which also contains an interview with the P5R development team.
Some details from the interview have leaked, and can be read below.
- Development for Persona 5 Royal began before development started for Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight.
The planning for both Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight began after the release of Persona 4: Dancing All Night and during the development of Persona 5, in the middle of 2015.
Update: Previous point about “Famidrive” changed to the diner, as it was a typo from the source.
- You’d be best off resetting your knowledge from clearing Persona 5 (certain things that were true in P5 may not be true in P5R).
- After the developers looked over the whole game, the diner was made unavailable at the beginning of the game because they did not want players to be overwhelmed with options at the start.
- If you want to MAX all your Confidant ranks during the first playthrough, you’ll need to focus on how you answer your calls.
- There are Confidants that cannot be advanced after you’ve entered the third semester.
- You can give presents to the guys too this time.
- You can move through cover points even if there’s an enemy in-between them.
- As announced in Morgana’s Report #4, the period of time where the PS4 Share functionality is supported has been extended to December in-game.