Following the announcement of the second edition of “Morgana’s Report,” Atlus has released the video featuring new Persona 5 Royal footage and information.
Morgana’s Report #2 focuses on Palace dungeon exploration and the combat mechanics, as well as a closer look at the new character Kasumi Yoshizawa.
- Atlus teases that there will be new elements revolving around Goro Akechi.
- New character Kasumi Yoshizawa’s arcana is “La Foi,” or “The Faith.”
- A look at Haru Okumura’s new plain clothes.
- The original Persona 5 did not have an “event rewatch” mode, and Atlus confirms that there will be a sort of “gallery function” in Persona 5 Royal. Additional details will be given in the future.
- More gun customization options have been added, letting the player increase their accuracy and add special effects to them for battle.
- The new enemy type (Kyouma) will counterattack when hit, but drop rare items when defeated.
- Several grappling hook points have been added to dungeons for new traversal options.
- The grappling hook can be used to pull yourself to enemies roaming in the dungeon to ambush them and gain an advantage.
- The new treasure type (Ishi) are hidden in Palaces. When all of them are collected, they turn into an accessory that lets one use a powerful skill.
The previous episode of Morgana’s Report featured footage on the student life and phantom thief life in Persona 5 Royal. Morgana’s Report #3 will be released next month in July.
Persona 5 Royal will be released on The PS4 in Japan on October 31, 2019. It will be released in the West and Asia in 2020.