Before notable game releases in Japan, Atlus tends to release official and elaborate spoiler warnings to dissuade players from ruining the experience for others.
Persona 5 Royal follows in this tradition, with Atlus having released their warning and distribution guidelines for video and live streaming of the latest Persona game.
Justine: Regarding playing “Persona 5 The Royal,” do not make the mistake of posting material relevant to the story on or after December 24th in-game.
For fools who forget to mind others, they will be cursed by having all the personas they create become Agathions, and they will be given a lot of them.
Caroline: And I’ll add a sentence of a hundred Decarabia! If you don’t want to go through this tragedy listen to the rules! Keep that in mind, inmate!
Official request from Atlus:
We thank you for your self-restraint in posting story spoilers from from December 24th on on video sharing sites, on live streams, and on social media such as Twitter.
In addition, publishing videos of any of the story before the release date is strictly prohibited.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation so that as everyone can enjoy the game.
The spoiler warning for the original Persona 5 prevented users from posting anything online which went past the game’s opening.
P5R Streaming and Media Sharing Guidelines
*From December 24th until the end of the game is a completely prohibited section of the game.
Distribution of video, images, and music for Persona 5 Royal are placed under the following official guidelines.
- To use Persona 5 Royal images online via the PlayStation 4 Share function, they must be for personal use only.
- Videos captured must be shared on video sharing websites that are accessible through the PlayStation 4 Share function.
- When posting content that relates to the story, like an event scene, don’t take away the enjoyment of other customers. Please clearly indicate that story content is included.
Copyright Notice Request
Posting and delivering content is allowed at the condition that the copyright holder is clarified: © ATLUS © SEGA
- Do not release content or live stream using means other than the PlayStation 4 Share function.
- Please do not reuse others’ gameplay footage.
- Please do not release content that is only music data like BGM for purposes that are only for listening to it.
- Please refrain from using sites and services whose browsing experience can be considered for commercial purposes. Niconico Premium’s service is excluded from this.
- Please do not act in a way to slander a third party, including a specific player.
- If there is a request from us, regardless of the reason, please stop releasing videos immediately. Additionally, we may delete videos and suspend live streams that we deem inappropriate. We may not be able to answer any inquiries regarding the reasons for this, so please be forewarned.
- Regarding videos, we do not make any guarantees whatsoever when it comes to infringing the rights of third parties. Additionally, we will not indemnify any damage or conflict with third parties that arise as a result of the distribution of such a video.
Persona 5 Royal will be released on The PS4 in Japan on October 31, 2019. It will be released in the West in Spring 2020, with a Traditional Chinese and Korean release on February 20, 2020.