From December 26, 2020 to March 16, 2021, Kadokawa and Tokyu Corporation has announced that they will be holding a real mystery solving game featuring Persona 5 Royal: “Tokyu Line Mystery Solving Rally x Persona 5 The Royal“, with an event by the name of “Mysterious Railway QQQ.” The event will take place around the major Japanese railway line, the Tokyu Line.
Set along the Tokyu Line, it’s a tour type event where players can experience the world of Persona 5 Royal, solving mysteries scattered around various places.
Participants will access a special website from their own smartphones to solve riddles and advance the story through conversations with characters from Persona 5 Royal, brought about by the chat function “Mystery Solving Smartphone.”
In addition to allowing you to feel as if you were a character in the game, you can enjoy solving mysteries while touring along the Tokyu railway line, and that’s something accessible to everyone, not just fans of the game.
To participate, users will need a special puzzle kit, which can be purchased at the reception desk of each station (except the Stagaya and Kodomonokuni lines). The kit comes with a special clear file bag featuring a newly illustrated key art. Also included is the Tokyu Train One-Day Pass (valid on the day of the event only), allowing unlimited rides on all Tokyu lines for one day. This allows visitors to enjoy a full day of fun along the Tokyu Line.
This event was previously announced in February 2020 as the “Persona 5 Royal Mystery Rally” set for Spring 2020.
One day, the Phantom Thieves of Heart are suddenly summoned by Goro Akechi, a high school student with the title of detective. He tells them that they have received a mysterious letter from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.
The Phantom Thieves prepare for an important operation and, in order to do so, they decide to cooperate with Akechi to find out who sent the mysterious document. The story takes place along the Tokyu railway line, where many mysteries await.
Will you be able to solve all the mysteries, as the leader of the Phantom Thieves of Heart?
- Name: Tokyu Line Mystery Solving Rally x Persona 5 The Royal “Mysterious Railway QQQ”
- Date: Saturday, December 26, 2020 to Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- Area: Along the Tokyu Line (with several checkpoints)
- Fee: 3,700 yen (tax included)
- Includes the “Tokyu Line One-Day Pass”
- Bonuses: Special clear file bag (included with the mystery solving kit)
- Available at the reception desk of each station on the Tokyu Line (except the Setagaya Line and the Kodomonokuni Line)
- Play Time: Expected duration is around 3 to 5 hours to clear the event (there’s no time limit)
- Hosted by: Tokyu Corporation, Kadokawa
- Special Cooperation: Atlus
- Cooperation: Tokyu Corporation
- Planning Support: Haregake Corporation / re-vue LLC
- Special Website
Themed “Mystery Rally” events in Japan in the past have involved visiting a location, solving the riddle that lies there, and earning the directions towards the next step.