The first “Premium Experience Meeting” demo for Persona 5 took place yesterday in Japan, where a select number of participants were able to play through the beginning of the game for 2 hours.
Subsequently, players who participated report that, on Persona 5‘s start screen, a character can be seen wearing a “plague doctor style mask.”
None of the currently revealed eight Phantom Thieves wear that style of mask. The rumor is therefore that this is the mask that Akechi Goro, the high school detective, will wear as the ninth main character.
Each member of the Phantom Thieves has a code name related to their personality and aesthetic. Some fan speculation previously was that Akechi Goro’s is “Crow”—deduced from promotional art—and that his attire would be related to this. Thus, his mask would supposedly resemble that of a plague doctor’s, because of the beak.
Premium Experience Demo Details
Details from the “Premium Experience Meeting” demo of Persona 5, which lasted approximately 1.5 hours long, have also surfaced and have been translated by inariyusuke via Tumblr, partly via Personaism.
[SPOILER WARNING] CONTINUE READING AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
- Seems like they actually get to play from the start to about an 1 hr and 30 mins in, then they load a save file that takes them to the art dungeon.
- It seems like the game starts in the last week of March.
- Ryuji used to be the ace of the track & field club.
- There’s a calendar telling you what part-time jobs you can do each day and the pay. Probably only displays the ones you already found and did once. The calendar goes to up to around March.
- Options let you change difficulty and volume settings. You can also watch previous events or something like that. There were 3 videos. First one was already shown to the public in an event recently. When they tried to watch video, 2 they were stopped by staff.
- The current dungeon in the demo is the art gallery dungeon.
- The pieces displayed in the art gallery dungeon were made by by Yusuke or something.
- Igor is The Fool arcana co-op [Regarding this point: Igor is simply reported as the one facing away from the protagonist in the menu for this option, however him directly being the Cooperation character is speculation]
- The illustration portrait for each character in the status screen is the same picture as the one used during their All-Out Attack.
- If you use up all your gun’s bullets during a fight, the next fight your gun will still have 0 bullets. You need to reload manually.
Pictures from the Premium demo event can be found on not8found.biz:
Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan on September 15, 2016, and in China on the same date for the PS4. It will have a February 14, 2017 North American release date, and the game has been announced for a European release.