The cover of this week’s magazine is of Persona Q2, and the feature is a summary of the game and its main characters from Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5. There is also a developer interview with the game’s producer Daisuke Kaneda, and director Yuta Aihara.
The Famitsu review for the game can be seen in a previous post.
Clean version of the cover via Famitsu:
Some Bullet Points from the Interview
- Director Yuta Aihara was responsible for the dungeons and quests (which are now “special screenings” in the new game) in Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. After that, he was in charge of planning Confidants in Persona 5. After a sequel to PQ was decided, he was assigned as the director.
- Producer Daisuke Kaneda has been paying attention to a lot of fan reception following the reveal of Persona Q2, and the thing that caused the biggest response was the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable. It was decided that she’d appear as the stinger at the end of the initial commercial for the game, and this caused a bigger positive response on social media than they had expected.
- With 28 characters featured from previous Persona games, it is hard to feature everyone in the main story. However, with the complementary “special screenings,” these episodes truly emphasize the cross-over feeling of the game, alongside the main story.
- By creating a story from a single perspective instead of two like the previous title, the overall playtime will be shortened but there will be a higher capacity of events, character voices, animated cutscenes, music, etc.
- For example, there are about twice as many animated cutscenes compared to the first PQ, including trailers inserted for each movie world.
- For the music, the previous game’s soundtrack was a set of 2CDs, but this time it will be a set of 3 CDs. Composer Atsushi Kitajoh put in a lot of work regarding that.
- The first Persona Q had around 220 different personas. New Cinema Labyrinth has around 300.
Weekly Famitsu magazine #1564—or the December 6, 2018 issue—was released on November 22, 2018.
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth will release on the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on November 29, 2018.