This week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine #1552 includes a 4-page feature on Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, scans of which have been released.
The latest PQ2 feature includes information on persona fusion, growth, and the Velvet Room inhabitants who help the main characters.
- As with the previous persona games, it is possible to combine personas with each other to form a stronger persona. Skills from the material personas can be transferred over to the new one.
- Personas can also be strengthened over time, where the higher level a character is, the more the persona will grow. There are “blank cards” that can be obtained, which will inherit skills from personas as they grow.
- Using the StreetPass functionality, information from registered personas can be shared with other players, along with a personalized message.
- Weapons, armor, and various items to help in exploring the dungeons can be purchased at Theodore’s shop. Popcorn is also sold there, like at a regular movie theater, and there are circumstances regarding why Theodore’s outfit has changed.
- In this game there’s a new mechanic called “Special Screening” that provides a fun element to the main story. By using mysterious tickets the main characters find in the labyrinth—whose structure changes with the progression of the main story—different rewards can be obtained. A variety of stories are shown through these special screenings, deepening the connection between the persona users drawn to the movie world.
- When characters have a deep connection, they are able to collaborate in battle and use “cooperation skills”, which are powerful, one-of-a-kind abilities that have flashy scenes.
This issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine for September 13, 2018—or issue #1552—was released in Japan on August 30, 2018.
This information is alongside the newest PV2 trailer for the game.
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth has been announced for a Nintendo 3DS release in Japan on November 29, 2018.