A “flying get” leak of information from the interview has been provided by Ryokutya2089.
Shin Megami Tensei V Information
- The development lead is Kazuyuki Yamai [the director of Shin Megami Tensei IV].
- The concept behind SMT V is to reexamine the trends of the times.
- The reason that the game is being developed for the Switch is that it is simple to play HD-quality games with ease, considering the portability. Whether the story is enjoyed on a TV, or the player is in a demon fusion session, etc. Yamai wants the player to enjoy the game as they wish.
- Information on the development time or characters has not yet been announced.
- Using Unreal Engine  for development has considerably reduced the amount of time the game will take to make. But it is still a long ways off.
- The first Shin Megami Tensei title was released in October, 25 years ago. We wanted to tell everyone that the Shin Megami Tensei series will continue, so we used this timing to make the announcement.
- One of the directions we are taking with Shin Megami Tensei V is to reexamine the “characteristics of the era.” There are surely many people frustrated by troubles both at home and abroad, such as anxiety about finding a job and getting old, or terrorists and nuclear weapons. I want to make a Shin Megami Tensei game that can sympathize with such an era. That is our challenge.
- The keywords “Shekinah Glory,” which appeared in the trailer, literally translate to “miracle of God.” When you actually play it and have these keywords in your head, I think you will be able to feel their true meaning.
- Shinagawa Station is one spot where modern day Tokyo is well represented. Of course, it is also involved in the story.
- This is the first time Atlus is using Unreal Engine 4. The game development environment has changed dramatically, and you can check what you made immediately on the game screen, allowing us to cut down on a lot of time working over ideas and trial-and-error. I’m really grateful to have been introduced to it.
- Nintendo Switch is a lovely platform where you can play high-definition quality games and freely carry the hardware from place to place.
- Classic elements like demon fusion will of course be included. We are also considering new elements.
- Since this is the first Shin Megami Tensei game on a home console in a long time, I want to deliver a hybrid game that combines the profound appeal of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and the popular training elements of Shin Megami Tensei IV and the like.
- At this point, we can’t even say it’s “Coming Soon!” yet, so please wait a little while longer.