Some Producer Comments on the Creative Direction of Persona 5 the Animation
Leaked information from a monthly anime and manga magazine, via ryokutya2089, includes an interview with a producer of the upcoming anime adaptation of Persona 5, Kazuki Adachi.
The short statements regarding the creative direction of Persona 5 the Animation are presumably from the latest issue of Newtype magazine for February 2018 (releasing on January 10, 2018.
Producer Kazuki Adachi:
- “It’s important to us that the sense of style comes through to our viewers in the anime.”
- “[We want to] fully incorporate the new combat gameplay elements into the anime.”
- “There has been a lot of discussion on the main character’s name, and I hope that the viewers can speculate about its origin.”
Docile and quiet during the daytime, with a sudden change to a confident and self-assured character when he becomes a thief.
Key visuals showcasing the everyday lives of the characters will be released up until the anime broadcasting begins.
First off, what of Ryuji’s time in track and field? Such scenes will be released to the public.
The first key visual for Persona 5 the Animation featured the main character, Ren Amamiya:
- Story Draft: Katsura Hashino
- Original Character Design: Shigenori Soejima
- Demon Design Draft: Kazuma Kaneko
- Supervisor: Masashi Ishihama
- Series Composition: Shinichi Inotsume
- Character Design: Satomi Ishikawa
- Music: Shoji Meguro
- Production Company: A-1 Pictures
- Hero: Jun Fukuyama
- Ann Takamaki: Nana Mizuki
- Ryuji Sakamoto: Miyano Mamoru
- Morgana: Ikue Otani
- Yusuke Kitagawa: Tomokazu Sugita
- Makoto Niijima: Rina Sato
- Futaba Sakura: Aoi Yūki
- Haru Okumura: Haruka Tomatsu
- Goro Akechi: Soichiro Hoshi
Persona 5 the Animation will debut in April 2018 on Japanese television. The first preview trailer for it can be seen in a previous post.