Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux was released in Japan today, and a guide book for the game has been announced for a November 24, 2017 release, via an Amazon Japan product listing.
The “Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey Official Perfect Guide” will feature the following information:
- An introduction of all the game systems that a player should know to enjoy the game, such as demon negotiation and battle mechanics.
- The rules related to demon fusion, skill inheritance, and the mechanics of fusion accidents. The development of “sub-apps,” which is an important element in this game, is also fully described.
- Passwords for 35 rare demons are included.
- A guide to all six endings in the game, including the brand new ending. An introduction of a 3-alignment strategy chart, with moments that affect one’s alignment and by how much.
- EX Mission details for all 80 of them, including ones only available on a second playthrough, are shown, so players won’t miss them.
- For battles in main missions, an introduction of boss class demons along with related strategies. Passwords producing demons specifically meant to beat those bosses using those strategies are included, as well.
- Strategies to tackle the hardcore, ultra hard difficulty mode.
- Maps to be aware of pitfalls, warps, hidden doors, etc. It also includes a list of demons that appear at specific locations. Support elements are listed, such as items that are useful for progressing through the story.
- A complete list of all kinds of data in the game, such as gift-type items, demon whereabouts, skill data, reverse skill list, items, and lab development.
- An inclusion of the glossary included in the 2010 book “Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey – Schwarzwelt Reminiscences“
- Exclusive stories relating to characters and added elements to this game form the development staff.
- Release Date: November 24, 2017
- Price: 2,376 yen
- Pages: 528 pages
- Publisher: Kadokawa
- Language: Japanese
Relatedly, the “Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey Official Demon Data” book was released today for 1,512 yen, including 192 pages of information about the demons in the game.
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux was released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan,on October 26, 2017. It will be released in North America and Europe in early 2018.