The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation Vol. 667 this week includes the continuation of a feature that started with Vol. 666, where the magazine interviews developers whose games were featured on notable magazine covers of theirs over the years.
Among the interviewees is Shin Megami Tensei producer Kazuyuki Yamai, who was interviewed about the Vol. 231 cover which featured Shin Megami Tensei III. When asked about the latest game in the series and if there will ever be a remake of Nocturne, Yamai stated the following:
- Shin Megami Tensei V is in active development. It’s really being developed (laughs).
- Most of the demons and characters have been implemented and are moving on the actual hardware.
- We want to finish the game’s development without compromising on its content, so that it may be worthy of being a mainline, numbered title.
- Please wait a little longer until it’s the right time for a follow-up report.
- We are constantly considering a port or remake of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax. We’re considering aiming for that chance. The strong popularity of the Demi-fiend helps this.
The previous update on Shin Megami Tensei V was in February, when producer Yamai confirmed that production of the game had entered full-scale development.
Shin Megami Tensei V will be released in Japan, North America, and Europe for the Nintendo Switch.