Alongside the release of Soul Hackers 2, Atlus’ latest RPG, a patch 1.01 was released in August with camera options to customize the game’s traversal in the field. Today, Atlus has announced a new update for the game, set to improve its pacing.
A “dash” function has been added when moving Ringo in dungeons and fields. Players can choose to move normally or dash at will.
With the addition of the dash function, the effect of the Map Skill “Assassin’s Step” has been changed to “Enemies won’t notice you for a certain distance.”
Battle High Speed Mode
A “high speed” mode has been added to combat. Changing between normal or high speed can be done at will.
- Adjusted how long “Loading Screen Tips” are displayed to speed up loading time.
- Changed the flow of on-screen prompts during soul level increase to reduce the risk of incorrect input from accidental button presses.
- Added ability to teleport directly to shops from the City Map.
- Adjusted how often enemies appear in dungeons.
- Adjustments to make it easier to inherit skills when fusing demons.
- Other minor changes.
- Four new companion demons added:
- Pixie (Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Ver.)
- Neko Shogun
The patch is scheduled for an early November release. The specific date will be announced in the near future.
Soul Hackers 2 was released for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC in Japan on August 25th, and was released in the West on August 26th, 2022.