Last week, Persona 5 Royal was officially revealed during the Persona Super Live 2019 concert. Following the format of Persona 4 Golden or Persona 3 Portable, P5R will be a remake of the original Persona 5 with various new elements.
The list of currently known additions and improvements in Persona 5 Royal are the following:
Story & Characters
- A new third semester, greatly expanding the story of the original game.
- A new important, playable character: the rhythmic gymnast Kasumi Yoshizawa.
- A new Confidant character: the counselor Takuto Maruki.
- New story events, such as the January 1st “Hatsumode” (first shrine visit of the new year).
- Selfies added as new messages sent by characters through the texting system.
- A new area to visit: Kichijoji.
- New date spots with characters such as an aquarium.
- Visiting outside areas with the Velvet Room twins.
- A store to buy costumes/clothing.
- A DARTSLIVE3 area to play darts with other characters.
- A pool table area to play pool with other characters.
Art & Music
- New animated cutscenes, including a new opening.
- New music composed by Shoji Meguro, sung by Lyn. Includes the new opening “Colors Flying High” and a new ending song.
- Revamped 2D character portraits during dialogue.
- New powerful enemies called “Kyouma.”
- The use of a grappling hook to traverse dungeons.
- New mechanics/puzzles added to all of the palaces in the game.
- New types of treasures which appear in dungeons.
- New special finisher moves used in-battle. Includes “simultaneous attacks” where two characters cooperate to eliminate the enemy. Also includes an “All-Out Attack” finisher for Futaba Sakura.
- “Daily Assist Command” which helps players navigate the options available to them on a daily basis.
- Graphical enhancements, and improvements for the PS4 Pro.
So the question is, what additions and/or improvements—other than the ones already confirmed—are you looking forward to seeing in Persona 5 Royal? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!