In addition to a number of new gameplay screenshots, Atlus has shared story and character details involving Persona 4: Dancing All Night.
Developed by Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd developer Dingo and Atlus, Persona 4: Dancing All Night will feature an involved story that Atlus has recently shared details on, translated via Gematsu:
- Chief Producer: Katsura Hashino
- Producer: Yosuke Uda
- Producer & Director: Tatsuya Shoji (Dingo)
- Original Character Designer: Shigenori Soejima
- Series Sound Director: Shoji Meguro
The summer after the solving the Yasoinaba case, Rise returned to the city to continue her idol career. But at the time she arrived, a strange urban legend was catching on in the city. At midnight, when you open a certain website, a strange video will play. Those who view the video are taken to “The Other Side,” never to awaken again. With this, the main characters are taken away to that world and discover it is called the “Mayonaka Stage,” and that the junior idol group members at Rise’s office “Kanamin Kitchen” are being held captive there. “We can’t just let this be! We’ve got to help!” Persona 4 protagonist Yu Narukami puts out an SOS to his Investigation Team allies. Together, you’ll invade the Mayonaka Stage and rescue the junior idols.
- Rise Kujikawa (voiced by Rie Kugimiya) – A Persona 4 party member and second-year high school student. The summer after solving the Yasoinaba case, she returned to the city to resume her idol work.
Persona 4: Dancing All Night is about dancing to defeat Shadows. In addition to Rise, Persona 4 protagonist Yu Narukami and other members of the Investigation Team will also take part in heavy dance battles.
- Protagonist (Yu Narukami) (voiced by Daisuke Namikawa) – The protagonist of Persona 4. After solving the incident in Yasoinaba, he returned to the city and continued his everyday life. He returns to the same city that Rise returns to resume her idol work, and reunites with her when she asks for help. Meanwhile, another incident occurs and the Investigation Team is once again tasked with solving it.
- Kanami Mashita (voiced by Minako Kotobuki) – She goes by the nickname Kanamin, and is one of Rise’s junior idols. As a little sister idol she has many fans and is well loved. Members of her unit, Kanamin Kitchen, go missing in the Mayonaka Stage.
Persona 4: Dancing All Night features over 30 tracks, ranging from newly written music to arranged versions of previous Persona music. Stages and dances are provided for each track, and all of the Investigation Team’s members can perform them. Confirmed tracks include: “Pursuing My True Self,” “Heaven,” “Reach Out to the Truth,” “Time to Make History,” and “True Story.” Popular musicians like Tetsuya Komuro and Daisuke Asakura will be collaborating with Atlus on the game’s music.
Persona 4: Dancing All Night is set for a fall 2014 release for the PlayStation Vita in Japan.