As previously announced, Atlus West has confirmed—through the IGN Summer of Gaming 2020 live stream—that Vanillaware’s science fiction adventure game 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will be released in the West on September 8, 2020.
The “13 Stories” trailer introduces the game’s main characters, and its story.
A free English voice over patch will be available after the game’s launch, with a release date to be announced later on. The ongoing coronavirus pandemic had an impact on Atlus’ production schedules, resulting in 13 Sentinels only having the Japanese voice option at launch. The game will support English, French, Italian, German and Spanish subtitles.
The game will be released for $59.99 USD, and the physical launch edition will come with a limited art book. The downloadable version of the game will also include a digital edition of the art book.
Vanillaware, the storytellers behind Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, craft a sci-fi mystery epic spanning thirteen intertwining stories.
Uncover the truth and delve into a 2D sidescrolling adventure featuring gorgeous art and environments. Then, battle the kaiju in fast-paced, top-down combat. Customize the Sentinels with an arsenal of mechsuit weaponry, and fight to defend humanity!
- Beautifully rendered in Vanillaware’s signature hand-painted visual style.
- Uncover a deep story through visions of the past and the future.
- The doomsday clock is ticking. Become a Sentinel pilot, customize your mech, and fight waves of kaiju in top-down tactical combat.
- Along with the recognition of Japanese game industry leaders, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has won numerous awards.
Along with the recognition of Japanese game industry leaders, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has won numerous awards. Below is a list of its official accolades:
- Japan Game Awards 2019, Future Division Winner
- Famitsu Dengeki Game Award 2019, Best Scenario Award & Best Adventure Award (2 divisions)
- Japan Otaku Awards 2019, Grand Prize
- IGN Japan Game of the Year 2019, 6th Place
- IGN Japan User’s Choice 2019, 2nd Place
- Weekly Famitsu (PS4 Special Feature, sold March 12th, 2020), Ranked in 10th for “PlayStation 4 Must-Play Titles,” selected from all PlayStation 4 titles ever sold
- 51st Seiun Award, Media Category, Nominee
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim was released in Japan on November 28, 2019. The game was released in Traditional Chinese and Korea on March 19, 2020.