Following the announcement that this week’s issue of Famitsu will feature Persona 5, blog [email protected] has reported on a flying get information leak from the article that includes details on the game’s random “Mementos” dungeons, as well as Persona fusion and development.
- Mementos, dungeons that reflect the hearts of the masses, change their shape each time players enter the alternate dimension known as the Palace. Essentially, they are random dungeons.
- Shadows, entities that also represent the masses, regenerate upon each visit. They change depending on the quests that are being pursued or the daily weather.
- Personas during fusion will gain experience bonuses based on the Co-op level of the corresponding character in terms of arcana, like in previous Persona games.
- Like in Persona 4 Golden, skills inherited by fused personas can be manually selected.
- Guillotine: Persona fusion is performed through the use of guillotines. There’s the “Two-body Guillotine” for fusing two personas together and “Group Guillotine” for more than two personas. Players can also specifically search for previously fused personas to summon with the “Search Guillotine” type.
- Hanging: Personas can be sacrificed via hanging. This will increase the experience of another persona, with an increased boost to personas of the same arcana.
- Electric Chair: By sacrificing personas via the electric chair, it will transform them into an item.
- Sending to Solitary Confinement: Personas can be sent to solitary confinement for intensive training, in order to learn new skills and overcome weaknesses. This requires a number of in-game days to complete, which can be shortened based on the Co-op level of the corresponding arcana.
- Director Katsura Hashino comments that the motif of execution is to erase the mask representing one’s self to create a new self.
Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan on September 15, 2016, and in China on the same date for the PS4. It will release in North America and Europe on February 14, 2017.