Following the announcement of Shin Megami Tensei IV Final, details of the game’s story and characters from this week’s Weekly Famitsu magazine 10-page feature have been leaked.
- The game takes place in Tokyo, in the year 203X.
- A war that erupted between the gods 25 years ago forced people to avoid contact with the outside world by using thick bedrock as a cover.
- Survivors remained after the war ended, but a lack of resources has people killing each other, and humans are dominated by the angels and demons who are at the top of the food chain.
- Hero (CV: Hiro Shimono)
An apprentice of an organization called the “Evildoer Hunters,” he obtains a demon after dying during a raid carried out for a certain mission.
- Mystery Demon (CV: Shuichi Ikeda)
After the hero’s death, a contract is signed in the realm of Hades with the Mystery Demon, giving the hero a new life and the ability to summon demons.
- Asahi (CV: Tomoko Seike)
The hero’s childhood friend. A 15-year old member of the Evildoer Hunters.
- Navarre (CV: Shintaro Ohata)
This is the same person as the Navarre in Shin Megami Tensei IV. Unable to rest in peace after losing his life, he wastes no time in possessing the hero after meeting him. He has the shape of a small, green ghost.
- Masayuki Doi is once again the character designer for the game as he was in Shin Megami Tensei IV. Demon designs from the previous game such as Merkabah, Lucifer and Medusa have been refined.
- The game’s development is 90% complete.
Shin Megami Tensei IV Final is slated to release for the Nintendo 3DS on February 10, 2016 in Japan.