After an announcement from Atlus that they were looking into the technical problems surrounding Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster for an upcoming patch, the version 1.02 update for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 versions of the game have been released today.
The aim for update version 1.02 is to improve the game’s stability under certain conditions, adding, improving, and adjusting system functions.
The patch notes for “Update Ver. 1.02” are the following:
- Fixed a bug that prevented trophies from being unlocked under certain circumstances.
- In combat, the normal attack animation during auto-battle has been fixed to be performed at a high speed.
- Other bugs have been fixed.
- At the “Cathedral of Shadows”, a “skill shuffle” function and a skill inheritance function have been added when displaying the results of a fusion combination.
- Improved the responsiveness of each facility, the status screen, the Magatama screen, and the save / load screen.
- In the “Demonic Compendium,” the total count has been changed so that the total compendium registration rate will reach 100% even when playing on Maniax mode.
- Game balance has been adjusted in the DLC “Young Master’s Compassion” and “Master’s Expectations”. [Respectively, this was DLC designed to obtain items in an exclusive map to gain more experience points and more money. The difficulty of these maps was previously disproportionate, killing players when they were designed to help players progress.]
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster was released for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on October 29, 2020 in Japan, China, and South Korea. The game will be released in the West in Spring 2021.